Friday, September 28, 2007

Transparency

Scary word--TRANSPARENCY. To be transparent with someone is to let them see you on the inside. Very scary!

There are few people in the world I can be totally transparent with. I know you realize when you do open yourself up and let someone look inside, you give them a certain power over you. You are now vulnerable to them. You're saying to that person: I'm giving you a peak into my soul but-- please don't hurt me.

I have chosen only a few people to let inside. They are my treasured friends. I trust them with my heart because I know they will handle it with care.

How many people have you been transparent with? Have they handled your heart well? If not, did you close up, seal the door to your heart and now have a vow of silence? No one comes in and no one goes out. All your pain is stuffed deeply inside, aching to get out. I don't want you to live that way. Life is too short to carry such a load. You have to let someone help you bear the burden you carry or soon you will be crushed by it.


I believe God gave us each other so we could help each other in this life. God knows we need help. This life is too hard and we can't do it by ourselves.

It is in relationship that we can share each other's pain and joy. HE made us to need companionship. So, if we don't have it, we suffer because we NEED to be known!

One of my most favorite books, Waking the Dead, by John Eldredge talks about our need for companions on this journey called life. It's a dreadful journey to go alone. We won't make it. We need someone to offer a hand when we fall, arms to hold us when we can't go any further, and a shoulder to cry on when our heart is breaking.

So I hope all of you reading this have someone you can pour out your heart to and if you don't, I hope you will find someone very soon. By the way, I have a very soft shoulder.........

But I believe the most important relationship we can have is with our Creator. HE made us for relationship and the primary one should be with HIM! HE truly wants us to tell HIM what is going on in our heart. So tell HIM. And if you need a relationship, start with HIM!

I'm going to tell you my Tree story next. It's all about Relationships!

Carol

To respond to this post you can email Carol at:

carolrtexas2@aol.com