Thursday, September 11, 2008

Scientists are Searching for the Truth

The news yesterday (September 10th, 2008) said that some scientists in another part of the world are building the largest and most expensive science experiment ever! It's called the Large Hadron Collider, also known as the Huge Particle Smashing machine, and the purpose of it is to try and recreate the Big Bang!

They want to simulate the gases and particles and such that produced the big explosion back in the day--15 million years ago--give or take a million.

They are hoping this experiment will answer a lot of unanswered questions. They are seekers of the Truth! I admire people who are willing to look for answers even if it costs billions of dollars to do it!

I do think it's interesting that the article said they want to "recreate" the conditions that they assume were in place back then. It was an interesting way to put it. In order for something to be "recreated" it has to be CREATED first, does it not?

So some questions formed in my mind as I thought about that. I actually woke up this morning thinking about it!

One of the first questions that I thought of was:
Where did the gases and particles come from that created this Big Bang?
I have always wondered about that when the scientists talk about the beginning of our universe.

And where did the surroundings of the universe come from???
There had to be a space where the explosion occurred, if I'm not mistaken?
How did that already exist?

Another question I have is, how did two amoebas form from that blast? I guess you would need two, right, in order for them to multiply?
Or, I guess you would need only one if that particular amoeba is unisexed....?
I think, like Obama, this is above my pay grade so I'll stop talking about something I know nothing about!

I am blown away by things like this experiment! Did you know that there are people who are actually afraid that this might create black holes that will suck the earth in?! Amazing! Frightening....but amazing!

The scientists do think there is actually a possibility that it might create little black holes but pooh pooed the idea of the earth being sucked into one! Not reassuring, in my opinion.
But what if the little black hole just sucks in a person or a house or a little dog? Could that happen?

The little black hole thing is a little scary if you ask me.

A lot to think about. I can't wait to hear about what they discover!
If you want to read more about this very unusual experiment, one of the links is: Click here: CERN - The Large Hadron Collider

And I would love to know how you think the universe began.

email me at: carolrtexas2@aol.com