Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Definition of TRUTH

TRUTH
Pronunciation:
\ˈtrüth\
(1): the state of being the case :
fact (2): the body of real things, events, and facts : actuality (3)often capitalized : a transcendent fundamental or spiritual reality b: a judgment, proposition, or idea that is true or accepted as true c: the body of true statements and propositions3 a: the property (as of a statement) of being in accord with fact or reality.

Truth is real and it is based on facts or things that can be proven. If not, then it does not constitute Truth. It is only conjecture. I do not want to base my life on conjecture. I want the Truth and nothing but the Truth.

What facts or evidence do you have to back up your basic beliefs regarding things like: family, faith, goals, life, death,etc. Is it based on how you were brought up or things you have learned in life? Is your belief system based on hurt, rejection, love, knowledge, faith, or just the facts?

I would love to know what you believe and why.

Would you believe something entirely different if you were shown that another belief was true? If someone had some hard evidence contrary to what you have always held dear, would you then embrace that Truth?

I think I would. I would do a lot of research but if the facts and evidence were there, I hope I would say, "OK-- new thoughts, new way of thinking, new life-- bring it on."

I'm not saying that I can definitely back up everything I believe but that's why I am doing this blog.

We live our lives every day based on some type of belief system. I am just trying to get you to question yours because I am questioning mine. I want to have some company on my journey.

And also, I do not want to be fooled. I do not want to believe a lie. And I do not want to promote a lie or a false belief system. I do not want to BASE my life on something that is not true. What we believe effects EVERYTHING we do.

But when I do find the TRUTH, then I want to passionately embrace it and I want you to embrace it, too!

Does it make sense to you that I would want you to embrace what I believe is true? Don't you love it when you meet someone who thinks like you do? We all want to find that kindred spirit, don't we?

Does that mean you have to believe what I believe for me to embrace you? NO, absolutely not!
BUT-- it does not take away the desire for it to happen.

You may think it doesn't really matter if we all believe different things. But it could make a huge difference in your life depending on the circumstances.

The election is a good example of this. Depending on what you, and a million others deem to be TRUE, either Obama or McCain will soon be our new President.
This decision will profoundly effect all of our lives.

People come at this election with many different opinions, beliefs, prejudices, fears and even facts. Why are you voting the way you are? Is it because you grew up a Democrat or a Republican? Is it because you are mainly concerned about the economy? Or is it out of anger about the war? Could it be your belief about the sanctity of life? Who is right and who is wrong? Who is the right choice?

If you live in America right now, it DOES MATTER what others believe to be TRUE!

There is a TRUTH that could remedy each problem we face in this Country. It has nothing to do with a certain party or candidate. It is not a matter of right or wrong. It has nothing to do with our opinions or beliefs. The TRUTH is just simply there. Our part is to look for it.

I hope we can find it together!

carolrtexas2@aol.com